So I just wanted to share a quickie tonight about my race this Saturday. I was thrilled with the fact that I made my best time yet! I still have a ways to go, but finishing the race in 38:23 is a HUGE leap from the 47+ minutes I was doing 6 months ago. That’s serious progress to see, and was really what I needed this weekend. Because sometimes we look at our progress in too small of increments. When we take a look backwards, to see how far we’ve actually come, it can be such an awesome feeling of accomplishment! So if you’re struggling with progress by the millimeters right now, take a look back at how far you’ve come since the start. And then give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back!
So it’s been a crazy good week! On top of some awesome stuff that happened at work, getting my final grade and overall GPA (which I’m happy with the result), and starting a second blog – I have had my personal best runs yet this week AND I’m getting my eating back on track! And the scale moved!! I’ve lost 2 lbs this week! So it seems all of the listed above are my NSVs and SV for this week, huh? Yes!
I’ve been reading a good bit this week too, which let me tell you, has been wonderful! I haven’t read a good book for pleasure in a very very long time. I get immersed in books so I couldn’t let myself read while I was in school, my attention would have been devoted to my book and not my tasks or text book. So it was a discipline to just not read pleasure books. Now that I am reading what I want to read, it has been exciting in and of itself!
Thank you for all of you who have visited me at The Road, I really appreciate it! As you can gather, it’s been a week of major self reflection too. All part of the journey to not only give myself better physical health, but mental strength and emotional stabilization too. Loving this whole path I’m on! I really am gettin it all around. It’s revitalizing!
Looking forward to a kick butt weekend too. I’m going on a long run on the pavement tomorrow while the kiddo is at lacrosse practice. Getting myself ready for my first/next race of many scheduled on the 27th – which is kind of a hard one and a little intimidating to step back into, but it’ll go great. I’m more interested in the finish for this one, not necessarily my best race time. I’m positive I will be y’all up to date on my progress throughout. 😁
Did I mention school is over? Yes well…
Guess what that means? Time to up my training game! I’m doing a number of 5Ks over the next four months to make sure I stay nice and motivated (those entry fees add up!) So even if I only put in 2 miles one or two times a weeks I’m still making sure I’m getting 12-15 miles a week from here on. Started today with actually my best run yet. I think my yoga class last night made a difference today.
I have to admit, I’m dreading it and am excited about it all at the same time. I only dread it now because I’m still not good at it. Not yet. But I will be. Mark my words, I’m going to get there darn it! I am going to run a 5k non stop by my mid-May race or I’m banned from Amazon for the rest of the year! Ha! (That’s serious incentive for me)
My scale is still stuck. I have stayed between 180.2-180.8 for three. full. weeks. I’m not truly freaking about it yet because I know my exercise has been so sporadic these last weeks. So, now that I am focused on my running again and adding in the strength training, I know I’ll see that sucker start to move again in a week or so. If not, well I guess you’ll hear my angst then. One thing I am worried about though is fitting into that one fabulous dress I bought for Vegas next month…
Here’s to a week full of NSV’s to all of us!!!
11 days. (Seems my life right now is broken up into days…)
11 days and that scale has been stuck. Every morning I get on and the same number glares up at me. Every flipping morning now for -did I mention?- 11. Eff’n. Days.
I’m getting very antsy now. I have been so busy/stressed last week and was not able to exercise, between work and school and the total purge of the basement (we rented one of those construction sized dumpsters and only have it a couple of weeks so time is of the essence- we have a roommate moving in next weekend!) That’s a story for another post though.
I have been taking in my water and vitamins diligently – the vitamins just the last three days straight since my ‘uh oh’ moment a few days ago.
So in an effort to not obsess over the lack of movement on that scale I am going to celebrate some NSV’s please:
- Doing really well with this new budgeting software. Took a few free classes to get it down and I think I get it, so I’m off and running.
- We went to out first small group Bible Study of the year tonight and everyone was amazed at how much weight I’ve lost and told me I looked amazing and really didn’t need to lose anymore I looked fabulous. I was very close to admitting my surgery to them as they kept asking what I was doing. My knee-jerk response to that question has been “everything imaginable”. But this group is such a blessing and I’m almost certain no judgement would be made. I almost told them but the conversation kept moving and it just didn’t seem like the right time to say it. But they were very warm and genuinely happy for me. I told them I had 40 more lbs to go and they were genuinely like ‘from where!?’
- My ‘skinny’ boot it jeans that I’ve been wearing officially fall off my arse constantly. I think they’re 14s.
- Got my hair done Friday and it looks amazing. Also I finally found the perfect lipstick color and wear that is really really flattering. It’s the little things sometimes that can make you feel confident and keep you from shying away from the group.
- I took the BIG cumulative exam for my major and got a B-. I am relieved it’s over but irritated the test was an MBA test not a MAOM specific test, as there were 3 classes that were covered that weren’t in my program. I’ve never had a statistics class in my life, global foreign affairs, nor information technology systems. I will be writing a letter to the school about this too. But all ended well with a B and it’s over. One more big paper and 2 more assignments and done. DONE.
- Wedding ring is slippery on the finger now. Having to do ring check often to make sure it’s still there and hasn’t slipped off.
So, some great NSVs to dance about and feeling good. Hopefully I can get this crazy week that coming and get me some miles logged on the treadmill in the midst-I neeeeed them.
So move scale move. Before I start getting really worried. I’m not ready for a stall…
This is just a quickie post tonight. More a status update…
I am pretty certain my ankle is all healed up now, I’ve run a few times this week and not had any problems at all. Super excited about that! I had a GREAT run today-I would have to say it might have been my best one yet. I am still interval training but my run pace is getting stronger and faster. I’ve been reading a number of articles about beginner running lately. So I will be striving for 10-12 miles a week and staying put with that until I can run all of it, then start gradually adding more distance. The goal now is to run a full 5k by summer. I think my original plan for March has gotten too far off track since the sprain to be realistic now.
I did a full menu plan with recipes for the family this week. I wasn’t quite as successful with my own planning, other than writing down a few meal ideas. But no “I will eat this for lunch on Monday…etc.”. Main reason for this lack of personal planning for myself? We had a cow emergency that took up my whole evening. All is well there but that left my meal planning for tomorrow’s to-do list.
I’m loving my passion planner. I haven’t actually received the planner yet-I’ve been using print-outs in the mean time- but it’s been a great tool and has really helped pinpoint my goals, weekly and daily objectives, and of course, to-do lists.
One little thing I’ve gotten myself into -that’s pretty superficial but FUN- is makeup techniques. I am pretty good with makeup now but I’m just trying different things I’ve been gobbling up from Pinterest and You Tube. And I am absolutely obsessed with rocking red lipstick this year (have to find the right shade). And while I don’t wear makeup when I workout, I’ve decided I will wear lipstick. Random, I know but hey it’s like a good song that pumps you up. Whatever-makeup is just something that can make you feel pretty, I guess. I don’t wear it often now that I work from home, but when I do I want to own it. Again, just fun stuff but sharing anyways.
So in all, 2016 is off to a great (and fun) start!
It’s back to work in the morning so it’s time for bed! Have a great Monday y’all!