So I just wanted to share a quickie tonight about my race this Saturday. I was thrilled with the fact that I made my best time yet! I still have a ways to go, but finishing the race in 38:23 is a HUGE leap from the 47+ minutes I was doing 6 months ago. That’s serious progress to see, and was really what I needed this weekend. Because sometimes we look at our progress in too small of increments. When we take a look backwards, to see how far we’ve actually come, it can be such an awesome feeling of accomplishment! So if you’re struggling with progress by the millimeters right now, take a look back at how far you’ve come since the start. And then give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back!
Well that came way too fast. What a month! I’ve been here, there, and everywhere it seems. I have to say I was surprised, yet not really, with my results this month. I mean I have been in the scale every day, I know how much it’s not moving, no matter how much I seem to run. My therapist reminded me this week that I am on medication that causes significant weight gain…I’m now at a point where my body is likely fighting that chemistry. Well yay. Terrific. So happy about that reality check…really 😒
So without further ado…drum roll
- Weight loss: -3.4 lbs (Wa Wa Wummm)
- Inches loss: -6″ (cha Ching!)
Loss to date:
- Weight: -65.6 lbs (An average 9 year old)
- Inches: -39.75″ (the height of an average 5 year old)
On the inches perspective I am seriously making some major progress and I am happy. I can really see a difference in my body. In fact, when my husband and I started dating I was 14 lbs lighter than my current weight and both of us agree that I actually look slimmer now than I did at 160! Go figure, eh?
NSV (because those are what I have to focus on at this rate)
- I am in a size 12 pant and a medium top. Woot!
- My running gets better every day. I’m still focused and getting more diciplined in this area. Crossfit is back on in June or earlier. Nervous about that but very excited to see the dramatic changes that are sure to come from adding that back into my life.
- See inches lost above 😆
- The only loose skin I seem to have right now is in my upper arms. It’s not bad, but very noticeable to me. Hoping CF will reduce this. It will either help it or make it look worse…
- Vegas was amazeballs and I felt like I looked like a rockstar. I felt so pretty! Hubs thought I looked boo-koo hot too.
- We walked the strip for hours and I didn’t get tired in the slightest.
- I showed my ‘before’ picture to my co-worker and she said she would never have guessed it was the same person. That makes two of us, sweet lady.
- I ordered a new bathing suit and it’s not BLACK! And it has an open back! (Hope it looks good on…).
- I’ve been sun bathing naked (I live on a 30 acre farm, no one can see me) and I don’t feel embarrassed about it in the least.
- I can maneuver much better in the bedroom and I don’t have to close my eyes the whole time for fear of seeing myself. (TMI, I know but this is a biggie for me).
- The kids can wrap their arms around me when they hug me and then some.
- Kids still having a hard time recognizing me when I call for them in public. This one never fails to crack me up.
- I am diligently taking my vitamins every day!
So, I still need to get more diciplined with meal planning. Not so much for food choices as much as it is for proper nourishment and protein intake. I still don’t think I’m getting enough each day.
With the exception of meal planning I am doing well with my goals. Why the scale isn’t really moving hardly, it is clear I am still making great progress. My body’s just shaking itself out, I think. Not sure if I will ever see 140 but I will continue to stay focused and maybe the scale will start moving again. Let’s pray!
Much love sleevers!! Xoxo
I know this is a common side effect, but I never thought I would have a problem with this. I have SOOOO much hair, I mean it’s massive. I’ve been noticing a ton of hair coming out in the shower and my brush is full everytime I brush it out for over a month. Still…didn’t get panicked.
I have spent 7 years growing out my hair. 7 freaking years. I have so much hair that growing it down as far as length takes for-ev-er and a decade. My husband mentioned tonight that my hair is starting to look droopy and is so much thinner than ever. And it might mean, as much as he loathes the thought, I might need to cut it. From his mouth– which means it is way more serious than I ever thought would be possible for me.
I know I’m losing a lot of hair, but had no realization that I was losing that much!! This is horrible! I am now self-conscience about it. I’m freaking out and trying not to melt down, to be 100% honest. I’m about to OD on Biotin… (Kidding of course) but it’s now going to be an absolute staple in my life.
I now have a massive complex! And I’m leaving for Vegas in one day, meeting all of my colleagues for the first time in person in four days.
Besides biotin and daily vitamins, any other advice that might help?
So I have finally, finally broke the scale freeze and it’s moving. Slowly, by inches, but at least it’s not 178.4 any more! It’s 173.8. Whew-thought I’d never see the damn thing move again…
- Still not meal planning. But I am making mostly good choices.
- I am running well. I get better every time. I can now run a whole 2 mile stretch without having to stop and walk for a minute or two.
I am getting ready for Vegas this weekend and am so excited I can barely sleep. I have a crappy cold I can’t shake though-been hanging on over a week now. I am just hoping it will clear up before Friday…
I’m so pissed at work right now I could spit. So my performance review was amazeballs “you are amazing g and exceeding all expectation and your metrics are through the roof” BUT I am considered a new employee for a year. So the best rating possible for me because of my time is “progressing”. Which only entitles me to 50% of my annual bonus. And it will be prorated at that. Worse-just got the email tonight that of course bonus payouts are over 100% for every other fucking rating above ‘progressing’. Excuse my language but isn’t that just a salt rub on the stab wound? I could really have used my entitlement this year folks. I have surgery loans to pay off!
Ok there’s my rant for the evening… Xoxox