I have mixed feelings about the numbers this month. Here are the stats:
- HW: 240
- Pre-surgery: -9.2
- Month 1: -22
- Month 2: -9.6
- Month 3: -9.2
- Month 4: -7.6
- Month 5: -4.2
- Total Loss To Date: -61.8
We all know the scale has been stuck for me this month, to my utter frustration! And we all know I’ve been off my game this month due to major stress and life events. I shouldn’t be surprised at only a 4.2 loss – I guess I should be happy I lost any at all. But really, 4.2 lbs?! Plus I was really hoping I’d be in the 160’s by Vegas-which is 2 weeks away. *sigh* that’s not going to happen.
The reason I have mixed emotions about this is because of my measurements. They came in surprisingly decent. I’ve lost a total of 7.5 inches this month alone. Here are my grand totals since surgery: 35.25 inches!!!
Ok, so I am not going to ho-hum anymore about the numbers, so I’ll just get on with just a couple NSV’s (not a whole lot since last post).
- I’m wearing a lot of medium tops now like t-shirts and such.
- I think I’m in a 12 pants. Some are still pretty tight but others fit just fine. Depends on the brand, but I’m counting it!
- My running has definitely gone up a notch since last month. I can run a whole 1.5 miles without having to stop and walk. And then I only have to walk a couple of minutes and can then run a 10 minute stretch again. My minute/mile run has improved by almost 3 minutes!
- Work is going fabulous! Remember I changed careers last May…Seriously I’m doing so well I’m worried about falling off this mountain I’m on. But I’m totally focused, so I’ll just be staying right here, if you please.
Goals for this month:
- Meal planning. I must I must I must.
- Get back to tracking my nutrients in MFP.
- I have two 5ks before my 6mo surgaversary and I’m hoping to finish at least one of them at 40mins or less. (This may be ambitious).
- I really need to start doing strength training again. I don’t go back to cross-fit until June so I have to get more diciplined in this area. Debating calling my personal trainer for sessions until then. It’s so expensive though…
- 10+ lbs this month.
I have a myriad of other goals for myself this month but these listed are specific to my WLS journey. I am really up for honing in on myself this month and for months to come. 2016 is the year of me! I hope for each of you it’s a year of you too!