11 days. (Seems my life right now is broken up into days…)
11 days and that scale has been stuck. Every morning I get on and the same number glares up at me. Every flipping morning now for -did I mention?- 11. Eff’n. Days.
I’m getting very antsy now. I have been so busy/stressed last week and was not able to exercise, between work and school and the total purge of the basement (we rented one of those construction sized dumpsters and only have it a couple of weeks so time is of the essence- we have a roommate moving in next weekend!) That’s a story for another post though.
I have been taking in my water and vitamins diligently – the vitamins just the last three days straight since my ‘uh oh’ moment a few days ago.
So in an effort to not obsess over the lack of movement on that scale I am going to celebrate some NSV’s please:
- Doing really well with this new budgeting software. Took a few free classes to get it down and I think I get it, so I’m off and running.
- We went to out first small group Bible Study of the year tonight and everyone was amazed at how much weight I’ve lost and told me I looked amazing and really didn’t need to lose anymore I looked fabulous. I was very close to admitting my surgery to them as they kept asking what I was doing. My knee-jerk response to that question has been “everything imaginable”. But this group is such a blessing and I’m almost certain no judgement would be made. I almost told them but the conversation kept moving and it just didn’t seem like the right time to say it. But they were very warm and genuinely happy for me. I told them I had 40 more lbs to go and they were genuinely like ‘from where!?’
- My ‘skinny’ boot it jeans that I’ve been wearing officially fall off my arse constantly. I think they’re 14s.
- Got my hair done Friday and it looks amazing. Also I finally found the perfect lipstick color and wear that is really really flattering. It’s the little things sometimes that can make you feel confident and keep you from shying away from the group.
- I took the BIG cumulative exam for my major and got a B-. I am relieved it’s over but irritated the test was an MBA test not a MAOM specific test, as there were 3 classes that were covered that weren’t in my program. I’ve never had a statistics class in my life, global foreign affairs, nor information technology systems. I will be writing a letter to the school about this too. But all ended well with a B and it’s over. One more big paper and 2 more assignments and done. DONE.
- Wedding ring is slippery on the finger now. Having to do ring check often to make sure it’s still there and hasn’t slipped off.
So, some great NSVs to dance about and feeling good. Hopefully I can get this crazy week that coming and get me some miles logged on the treadmill in the midst-I neeeeed them.
So move scale move. Before I start getting really worried. I’m not ready for a stall…